Quality Garage Door Services You Can Trust
Investing in a quality garage door will improve your home’s resale value, security, and comfort. A new garage door installation can even improve your home’s energy efficiency. If you have a problem with your garage door, don’t risk your safety and the condition of your home by attempting DIY garage door repairs. At GEIS Doors, we have decades of industry experience and a reputation for employing the best garage door repairmen in the Greater Milwaukee Area. We specialize in residential and commercial garage door repair and installation. Whether you need garage door repair or garage door replacement, our garage door contractors show up with the tools, equipment, and expertise needed to do the job efficiently and correctly. Call us today to schedule a consultation or request an estimate from our garage door specialists in Milwaukee, WI.
Our General & Emergency Garage Door Repairs
We specialize in general and 24-hour emergency garage door repairs. We also have replacement parts on hand for most major garage door manufacturers. Our preventive maintenance services extend the lifespan of your garage door and reduce the need for garage door repairs or replacement. We also carry the biggest selection of new garage doors, parts, and accessories in town. Call us today if you need any of these professional residential garage doors or commercial garage door services:
- Broken Springs – Residential springs are rated for 10,000 cycles of operation. The cycle life is a rating, not a guarantee. Factors such as temperature change and extra weight added to the door also affect the life cycle of a spring. If your door has two springs and one breaks, we usually recommend replacing both because the other spring is probably at the end of its cycle. It is possible to order springs with a higher cycle rating for very high-use doors.
We strongly recommend against replacing your own springs, cables, or bottom brackets. All of these items are under extreme tension and can cause serious injury or death if you don’t have the right tools or experience. Our garage door contractors have years of experience and professional tools and equipment.
- Replacement Sections – Our garage door fixers can replace individual garage door panels or sections if they are damaged. We work with major manufacturers and door replacement companies, including CHI, Wayne Dalton, Clopay, Ideal, Amarr, Plycraft, and local wood suppliers. Our GEIS garage door repairmen are happy to provide a quote for the cost of garage door replacement sections.
- Door Opener Problems – People often think they need a new garage door opener when they just need a simple garage door tune-up. You can perform a simple test to determine what the issue is: pull the disconnect cord on the door opener and then operate the door manually. If the door rolls easily without getting hung up, then chances are your problem resides in the opener.
- Parts/Accessories – We carry a huge selection of quality, name-brand replacement parts and accessories for both residential garage doors and commercial garage doors and openers, including springs, cables, rollers, hinges, door sections, tracks, bottom door seals, perimeter weatherstripping, radio controls, circuit boards, safety beams, and more.
- Preventative Maintenance – It is recommended that your garage doors and openers be maintained annually to ensure safe and proper operation. Our garage door maintenance program includes:
- Safety inspection of the door opener reversing mechanism.
- Tightening of loose nuts, bolts, and screws.
- Check cables for fraying.
- Adjust spring tension.
- Adjust tension of chain/belt on electric opener.
- Set limit switches on electric opener.
- Lube all rollers, bearings, and springs.
- Inspect the perimeter weatherstrip for rips or tears.
- Visually inspect (wood doors) for refinishing.
- Fire Door Drop Testing – NFPA 80 and Model Codes require the annual testing of rolling and sliding fire doors to demonstrate proper operation and full closure. A written record must be maintained and made available to the authority having jurisdiction. Our Fire Door Drop Test includes:
- Inspection and testing of your fire doors for NFPA compliance with trained technicians.
- A written report of the test for your records, along with recommendations for repairs if necessary.
- Tagging of the door with a drop test sticker indicating the date of the last time a test was performed and by whom.
- Records of all drop tests performed are kept on file at our office to comply with NFPA requirements.
- An annual notice is mailed to remind you of NFPA 80 drop test requirements.
Why Choose GEIS Doors
At GEIS Doors, we have decades of experience in the industry. We are a local, family-owned company that has been in the business for four generations. Our team of experienced garage door contractors with extensive training is committed to providing quality workmanship and exceptional customer service. We only use the highest quality products and materials and have the largest selection of garage doors, parts, and accessories in town. We specialize in garage door repair, new garage door installation, garage door replacement parts, preventive maintenance, and garage door inspections. Our goal is to improve your home’s safety, comfort, and value through quality and affordable garage door services
Request an Estimate from Our Garage Door Contractors
If you need general or emergency garage door repairs in the Greater Milwaukee Area, call us today or contact us online. We’ll send one of our experienced garage door contractors to your home to assess your door, diagnose the problem, and find the fastest and most cost-effective solution. Our garage door services can improve your home’s safety, security, and comfort